THEMA:

Su: bilde auf øffener auspuff fur GB 500 21 Sep 2001 09:13 #1481

• Arvid Løvik
  • Arvid Løviks Avatar Autor
montiert an GB 500.

Micron oder andere !

Grusse aus Norwegen !
Arvid

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Re: Su: bilde auf øffener auspuff fur GB 500 25 Sep 2001 09:12 #1494

• Thomas
  • Thomass Avatar Autor
Please post your question in english.
It seems that nobody understands what you desire.
Greetings Thomas

Re: Su: bilde auf øffener auspuff fur GB 500 25 Sep 2001 22:04 #1497

• choice
  • choices Avatar Autor
hi arvid!

me again! helmut has a supertrapp silencers on his gb. i will try to make him post a picture. otherwise i'll take one and mail it to you.

regards
choice

Re: Su: bilde auf øffener auspuff fur GB 500 25 Sep 2001 23:38 #1498

• Arvid Løvik
  • Arvid Løviks Avatar Autor
OK then, I'll try it english :
I have now done all things possible to get a better ride, I have put progressive springs in the forks, even found a set of Koni's for the rear , ordered the swing arm modification with needle rollers from Mr. Schottmaier and are now looking to get some more performance out of the engine.
I would like to get the NX domi engine mounted, but where could I find one of those here in Norway ? :-(
It seems to be the easiest choice to get the big bore 600cc set and the Mikuni from mainjet.
If so, it would also give some more PS if the exhaust system was more open I should think. I know that Supetrapp has a complete one (but is this available in Germany and to which price ? ) and that Micron has the same, but I have never seen this on a picture.... and that was the meaning of my original message.
Anyone please ??

At the same note, are there a shop in Northern Germany that would take upon themself to build the 600 bigbore engine in mine and my friends GB 500 ??

Regards

Arvid

Re: Su: bilde auf øffener auspuff fur GB 500 26 Sep 2001 08:59 #1499

• Mart!n
  • Mart!ns Avatar Autor
hello arvid!

in the catalogue from micron isn't a picture of the XBR-exhaust. But i think, on demand, they will send you a fax with a photo. the fax-number of micron is 0049-911-93674-33. the number of the articel is 22.MEH39/1 for the silver cromed exhaust, 22.MEH39/2 for the black cromed one.
dont be disappointed, the micron exhaust is cheap, but it's ugly.
mail address: Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

a good friend of mine had some years a realy fast XBR, which he was riding on the track, lateron in public traffic.
for the racetrack he used a supertrapp, engineperformance was realy good.

but for public traffic it was to loud. of course it's possible to modify the supertrapp for less noise, but this cause a significant reduction of power.

so for highway use the original exhaust system of the XBR is a good compromise of power and noise.

i will try a two-in-one system with an exhaust of the '92 fireblade. single-cylinder-engines need a big silencer for noise reduction, otherwise there's a lack of power, especially in the middle range.

in germany the police becomes more and more severe for causimg illegal noise.
if this is easier in norway, buy a supertrapp with a big number of outlet-plates.
otherwise try the bigbore-kit and the mikuni from mainjet in combination with the genuine exhaust, isn't the badest solution for sure.

i have two very strong engines disassembled in the workshop and because the owner of one and me, the owner of the otherone, are the 4th owners, nobody knows where the cams are coming from.

both cams are damaged after years runing in SOS-races.
we did them to the raceteam of a big carmanufactor in germany, may be they can make a number of these cams for a little money.

in some weeks we will know, wether we get enough to sell some and to know the price of them.

good luck for your tuning-activies!

bye
mart!n

• Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.512 Sekunden